B.Sc in Liberal Arts
The popular programme of B.Sc. Liberal Arts at Symbiosis University of Applied Sciences is designed by focusing on multi-disciplinary learning. This focuses on acquiring various soft skills and employability skills. The complete focus in on the critical thinking, research, analysis and writing along with civic and global mindedness.
The programme envisages quality learning from various Core, Elective and Major subjects. This will ensure global exposure with most relevant skills as required in the global corporates.
B.Sc. Liberal Arts is a 3 years full-time program having six semesters. Total credit requirement of this programme is 133 credits (Core-83, Elective-18, and Major-32).
The students will be having the option of either pursuing simple B. Sc. Liberal Arts or the B. Sc. Liberal Arts with Honours. For Honours the students will be required to pursue one additional year of studies after completion of third year. It is mandatory to complete 47 credits in additional one-year duration (Core-25, Elective-06, and Major-16).
Major Specializations: Information Technology, Economics and Psychology
- Offers a robust and broad-based academic exposure at graduate level
- Enhances integrated and holistic outlook towards knowledge and problem solving
- Strengthens analytical and applied skills
- Develops various writing, presentation and digital skills
- Improves employability of students.
- Ensures holistic personality development of students by grooming them as ideal global citizens with strong ethical values.
- Grooming of students with appropriate skills to take up jobs in various sectors.
- Conducting workshops, training sessions by leading experts and professionals of various fields.
- Internships/ Apprenticeships in various industrial/ professional organizations
- Guest/ Expert lectures by eminent academicians, activists and professionals to make the students aware of various career choices.
- The program aims at grooming leaders with compassion and vision to utilize the modern technologies for the benefit of society at large.
Students will be getting exposure to various sectors such as IT, Manufacturing, Retail, Banking etc. and other professions like psychological counselling, economic analysis etc.
The Liberal Arts course aims to give students a competitive edge by training them in a diverse set of skills, besides offering discipline centric knowledge and training. Individuals with Liberal Arts education are sought by in various professions which value communication skills, analytical mindset, multicultural views and sensitivity towards diversity. This implies that Liberal Arts course opens up opportunities of career particularly in-
- Content development and analysis
- Journalism, Anchoring
- Studies of economic, political and social trends
- Public relations
- Development sector
- Community engagement through Non-Governmental Organization
- Sustainability studies
And of course, a graduation in Liberal Arts builds a strong ground for higher studies in various interdisciplinary courses as well as in courses taken up as major at graduation.