MBA in Banking Financial Services and Insurance
Our MBA Programme offers a strong base in the Banking, Financial Services and Insurance sector. The program is well designed with the objective to impart comprehensive knowledge along with real-time skill training for students. To make students succeed in the global competitive environment, the program provides an industry-focused curriculum, supported by the world-class infrastructure and Industry experienced faculty. MBA BFSI provides the skills needed for the sector. Students develop management and analytical skills to learn to work with various financial tools and services. It also focuses on specialized training in International Banking, Insurance, Treasury operations, Risk Management, Investment Banking, Infrastructure etc. Thus, MBA-BFSI opens the gateway to a very bright future.
- Focus on skills as SUAS, Indore is the first Skill Based University in India
- The syllabus is as per the National Skill Qualification Framework model
- Active involvement of industry in drawing up programme structure and course curriculum
- Training Bank and Finance Lab for simulating the business environment and for imparting practical skills
- More emphasis on practical industry and research orientation rather than focusing on theory
- Theory to practical is about 30:70
- Active and continuous industry interface
- Continuous comprehensive evaluation in theory and practical
- Compulsory external industry assessment of students for each course
- Basic product and functional level exposure to banking, financial services, and insurance to all in the first year.
- Specialization in banking, financial services or insurance in the second year
Therefore, students can make a career as independent financial advisors or as industry-ready professionals in banking, financial services, and insurance.
- Training bank for hands-on experience of
- Cash area
- Account Opening desk (Liabilities)
- Loan Servicing Desk (Assets)
- Safe deposit lockers
- Insurance Advisory function
- Investment Advisory function
- Equity desk setting and handling
- Finance Lab for
- Imparting Financial Literacy
- Skilling for Complaint registration and handling
- Financial Counselling
- Industry Interactions through Seminars, Industry Visits, Guest Lectures, Panel Discussions and hands-on experience in BFSI domain
- Case studies, Analysis of business and domain reports, research assignments, role plays for product and consumer-related services
- Honing of soft skills as a part of practical exercises/assignments
- Oral and Written communication skills
- Presentation skills
- Public speaking skills
- Group skills
- Telephone interaction skills
- Email skills
- Customer handling skills
- Interview handling skills
- Obtaining product-related information.
- Understanding the documentation of BFSI processes.
- Understanding the practical functioning and customer interface.
- Seminars by officials of BFSI industry.
- Seminars by officials from Regulatory organizations RBI, IRDAI, SEBI, PFRDA, Government etc.
- Summer internship of 6-8 weeks after the first year for MBA.
- Training and Placement Cell to facilitate training, summer internship, and placement.
|Accounting for Finance Management – I||Principles and Practices of Insurance||Business Law||Business Ethics|
|Managerial Economics||Accounting for Finance Management – II||Financial Derivatives||Internship|
|Advance Management Practices||Financial Management and Analysis||Goods and Service Tax|
|Marketing of BFSI Products||Mutual Fund||Wealth Management|
|Banking & Financial Services||Business Valuation||Debt Recovery Agent and Loan Approval Officer|
|Business Research Methods||Risk Modelling||Financing Start-ups|
|IDSC||IDSC||Application of Life and Practices of General Insurance|
|Internship -I||Retail Banking Operations and Branch Banking|
|Financial Engineering and Structured Finance|
|Risk Management in Insurance|
Click Here to View Fees For the Academic Year 2021-22 Indian Student.
Click Here to View Fees For the Academic Year 2021-22 Foreign student.
Few Seats are reserved for Discretionary Quota Seats. Only students with the high academic record are considered for Discretionary Quota Seats. The fees for Discretionary Quota Seats will be double the Academic fees for Indian Students to be paid to the University.