Dr. Abhijeet Chauhan
- Assistant ProfessorSCHOOL OF INTERDISCIPLINARY SCIENCES
- PhD D | MA (Sociology & English Literature-Pursuing) | PGDM (Human Resource)
Areas of expertise:
- Business Communication, Soft Skills, Humour Education, Editing and Content Writing
Academically astute, multi-talented professional offering over 21 years of experience and insightful exposure across Business Communication, Editing, Soft Skills Training, Content Writing and Mentoring with a national-level media house and top grade organisations. Had a long and fruitful tenure with Hindustan Times, appreciated as content writer at Professional Tutorials, Bhopal, carried out Hindi to English translations & copy writing during Kumbh Mela-2000 for yahoo.com through Webdunia, Indore, prepared stylesheet for OTG Channel English news segment and frequently innovated in classrooms & language labs for thorough understanding. First to be presented the Prof Somaiyya Rolling Trophy for ‘Excellence in Psychology’ in 1988 and merit holder in MA (Sociology) from DAVV, Indore in 1994.
- Research Paper “Student Practices & Learning Spaces” published in the Indian Research Communication (ISSN: 0973-9661) 2011 Issue.
- Research Paper “Quality Assurance in Higher Education” presented at the Shri Vaishnav College of Commerce National Seminar (NAAC Bangalore sponsored) 9-10 September, 2011.
- Research Paper “Popular Media and Science” presented at ‘First International Science Congress’ at Maharaja Ranjit Singh College (Intl Science Congress Association) 24-25 December, 2011.
- Research Paper “Faculty Characteristics and Student Attitudes” published in the Indian Research Communication (ISSN: 0973-9661) 2012 Issue.
- Research Paper “Can Roleplay and Teaching Go Hand-in-Hand?” published in the Indian Research Communication (ISSN: 0973-9661) 2013 Issue
- Research Paper “Strategic Educational Change and Innovation” presented at the II International Conference at Vishisht Institute 07 December, 2013.
- Research Paper “Importance of Vedic Values in Modern Education” presented at the 7th International Conference at Vishisht Institute 08 December, 2018.
- Penned quite a few byline newspaper articles in regional and national dailies.
Nearly 5 years for PhD from DAVV, Indore. Dr Ishwar Singh Chauhan (then VC, Barkatullah University, Bhopal and later Indian High Commissioner to Mauritius) complimented for outstanding research work. Over 2 years research work for the PGDMHR dissertation from Indira Gandhi National Open University, IGNOU on corporate policies at Kirloskar Industries.
A farmer feeds and a soldier defends, a doctor cures and an engineer constructs. But only a teacher makes….. The future. It is both a reward as well as a responsibility. However, the real take-away is that one learns to teach, and in teaching one learns too.
As a teacher, it is my duty to instill the belief in students that they can achieve anything. I will show them compassion and fairness. I will treat them as individuals and try to meet their intellectual and emotional needs. I will strive to mold them into independent thinkers that try to find solutions for themselves.