Dr. Rajdeep Deb
- Assistant Professor SCHOOL OF COMPUTER SCIENCE AND INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY
- PhD | Ing.PAED.IGIP
Areas of expertise:
- Material Science, Education Technology, Learning Management System, Technology Innovation & Start-up
- Nearly 10 years of progressive experience with repeated success in teaching UG and PG courses.
- Taught subjects ranging from core to applied chemistry to as diverse as environmental science, entrepreneurship, human values, cybersecurity.
- Identified, designed and effectively incorporated technology plans, tools, web apps and programs into the engineering learning environment.
- Developed several innovative web apps and tools that allow students to engage with content differently using open source and google app scripts.
- Frequently conduct Workshops/Training sessions/Tech Meetups on emerging technologies and technology integration to curricula.
- Working knowledge with most of the LMS system available (free as well as enterprise version).
- Published SIX peer-reviewed International article with average citation 20 along with 30 national and International Invited talk, Conference Presentation.
- Dr Deb research interests encompass different aspects of materials science, central to which is an abiding passion for the design and synthesis of all different liquid crystal systems with novel molecular architecture. Some of his work got published in the reputed journal like PNAS (IF ~10), JMC (IF ~6), SM (IF ~ 4) and ChemPhysChem (IF ~ 4).
- His other big passion includes photomicrography, producing many successful and well-received images globally including recognition from Nikon Small World Photomicrography Competition; European Microscopy Congress Manchester Central, the UK, Europe’s largest exhibition dedicated to microscopy, RMS Scientific Imaging Competition, ILCS, etc.
- Dr Deb interest in web technology led him towards the development of an open learning environment through ICT. Much of his current research builds on in the area of cognitive science and educational technology.
His Passion list includes Photomicrography, Technology Integration, Student Mentoring and Community Outreach.
Equipping the 21st Century Classroom with Technology Integration.