SCHOOL OF MECHATRONICS ENGINEERING
Future of technological innovation will definitely involve multi-disciplinary expertise. Therefore Mechatronics Engineering will definitely have huge scope in India. A very large and huge demand exists from large global enterprises and MNC in IT industry, Automation, Robotics, automotive, process industries, chemical industries, Medical-Electronics, aerospace, and consumer products industries and in smaller innovative ‘high tech’ companies supplying software parts and equipment.
Mechatronics engineers may also be employed by product developers, manufacturing, mining or forestry industries, aerospace and defense, government and industry research groups.
Mechatronics is a field of engineering that includes study with a combination of various engineering disciplines such as mechanical, electrical, electronics, telecommunication, control, and computer engineering.
The aim of Mechatronics Engineering is a design process that unifies all the above disciplines of engineering. Mechatronics industry employs engineers to design and develop equipment and technicians to maintain it.
B.Tech Mechatronics can find opportunities in automobile, manufacturing, production, gas and oil, mining, transport, defense, robotics, safety and quality, aerospace and aviation.
Army, the Navy and the Air force and organisations like the Defense Research and Development Organisation (DRDO) and Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO). DRDO, Delhi, offers challenging opportunities for candidates with first-class degrees in Mechatronics engineering.
B.Tech. in Mechatronics Engineering
- The program will cover aspects related to designing of Mechatronics system, which requires integration of the mechanical, electrical and electronics engineering disciplines within an integrated framework. The curriculum for Mechatronics has been designed in consultation with the industry to ensure that the students would gain the knowledge on skill as a well as theory. The structure is design to build a strong foundation of Mathematics, Material Science, Computer Science, Electronics, Mechanical, Electrical and Manufacturing Engineering. Each course within the program is modular and credit based. Learning outcomes and skill competency levels been clearly defined in each course curriculum. The Program structure allows multi-entry & multi-exit facility to students. The faculty is committed to offering an experience that will promote professional growth and prepare students for a variety of engineering careers, graduate and postgraduate studies, and continuing education.
- Laboratory Infrastructure: Students of school of Mechatronics have an access to the variety of world-class lab equipment’s like Lucas Nuelle where the Industrial Automation and components including PLC, AC and DC Drives, Robotics, Mechatronics, Microprocessor, DSP, Electrical Machine Lab helping the student to get familiarized with the Industrial Automation and their functions. Apart from these, students will be exposed to Basic workshop, thermodynamics lab, material testing lab, design and dynamics lab, the theory of mechanism lab and heat-mass transfer lab for enhancing the skill under Mechatronics.
- Students are also given a flavour of quality engineering, automatic product development, manufacturing processes which have become key factors in the successful execution of products in the industrial environment. Overall the course is structured in a way to give a well-rounded knowledge and practical training to the student on which he can build further and become a valuable contributor in the professional world.
Duration: Four Years
The state of art training systems and education equipment are being installed from Germany. Lucas Nulle, pioneer for the development, manufacture of high quality training and education equipment for last 40 years, has extended their boundary for installing these training equipment into the University for imparting the skill to the aspirant.
These specially designed training equipment for enhancing the skill of the students are being mapped meticulously with theory.
The Basic Electronics Lab, Basic Electrical Lab, Advance Electronics Lab are already in functioning. The Automation Lab, DSP and Microprocessor Lab will be added soon.
Apart from this electronics laboratory students will be exposed to Basic workshop, thermodynamics lab, material testing lab, design and dynamics lab, theory of mechanism lab and heat-mass transfer lab for enhancing the skill under Mechatronics.
Bachelor of Technology (B.Tech):
- Passed 10+2 examination with Physics and Mathematics as compulsory subjects along with one of the following subjects namely Chemistry / Biotechnology / Biology / Technical Vocational subject.
- Obtained at least 45% marks for general (open) category in the above subjects taken together.
- Obtained at least 40% marks in case of candidate belonging to the State of Madhya Pradesh in a reserved category (excluding creamy layer) in the above subjects taken together.
- Valid Score card of entrance exam of State/National Level as notified by University.
NRI / International Students:
A candidate who has completed XII (10+2) or equivalent examination from any Foreign Board must obtain an equivalence certificate from the Association of Indian Universities (AIU). All foreign qualifications need to be verified by Association of Indian Universities (AIU) by the candidate before seeking provisional admission to any programme of Symbiosis University of Applied Sciences. In order to promote International understanding between Indian and Foreign students, Symbiosis has reserved 5% seats for NRIs/International students in every division.