B.Com (Hons.) in Taxation (ACCA Integrated)
This integrated B. Com program has been designed to groom the students as Accounting and Finance professionals of international accounting and financial system. Association of Chartered Certified Accountants is a U.K. based organization/ institution which certifies the students as Chartered Accountants in international accounting, auditing and other financial systems after successfully clearing 13 papers of ACCA, out of which this program helps the students to get exemption of first six papers of ACCA. Since the curriculum is already partially integrated or embedded in the B.Com syllabus, the students can finish ACCA qualification without much additional training.
The ACCA gives exemption from the first six courses on the basis of courses offered in this B.Com program. The Students are required to pass the remaining 7 papers from 2nd year (3rd semester) onwards. The ACCA through authorized partners, conducts 30 Hrs. of classes for each of the 7 courses, which will be provided in the campus. The students are required to clear two exams each for all the 7 courses, one to be conducted by the University and the other to be conducted by the ACCA. On clearing all the 7 courses, the student is registered as the Affiliate Member of ACCA, after that, the student is required to undergo intensive internship for 3 years. On completion of this 3 years internship, the student is registered as Associate Member of ACCA.
9 Fundamental Courses:
- Business & Technology (BT)
- Management Accounting (MA)
- Financial Accounting (FA)
- Corporate and Business Law (CL)
- Performance Management (PM)
- Taxation (TX)
- Financial Reporting (FR)
- Audit and Assurance (AA)
- Financial Management (FM)
4 Advanced Courses as under:
- Strategic Business Leader (Case)
- Strategic Business Reporting
Any two of the following:
- Advanced Financial Management (AFM)
- Advanced Performance Management (APM)
- Advanced Taxation (ATX)
- Advanced Audit and Assurance (AAA)
- ACCA (the association of Chartered Certified Accountants) is a global body for professional accountants.
- They aim to offer business relevant, qualification to people around the world seeking a rewarding career in accountancy, finance and management.
- ACCA Certification consists of 13 papers. Out these 09 papers have been included in the B. Com curriculum over 3 years and they will have to be pursued in the given order.
- Students will be getting two qualifications if they clear all 13 courses of ACCA apart from the other courses of their B.Com program:
- B.Com (Honors) Taxation
- Affiliate Member of ACCA
- Opportunity for learning Advanced Value Added Course of Tally ERP, GST, etc.
- Unique Skill based teaching pedagogy of 30:70, i.e 30% theory and 70% practical.
- Exposure to specialized skills in Accounting, Finance and Taxation, like live cases/ tasks to be assigned to students to give them hands on experience of the work in the industry.
- Robust Faculty pool of Industry Practitioners and Academicians
- Special emphasis on overall grooming and development of students through activities like- Educational trips, Workshops, Seminars, Incubation projects, etc.
The students will be required to undergo training in leading Audit and Charted Accountancy firm for a duration of 4-6 months for gaining hands on experience of various aspects of Book keeping, Accounting, Tax Filing, and Auditing etc.
Enhances employability for job assignments in following domains:
- Financial Management
- Business Process
|Business Communication||Environmental Studies|
|Financial Accounting||Corporate Accounting|
|Business Law||Corporate Laws|
|Micro Economics||Macro Economics|
|Indian Economy||Cost & Management Accounting|
|Income-tax Law and Practice||Business Mathematics|
|Management Principles and Applications||Computer Applications in Business|
|Business Statistics||Human Resource Management|
|Entrepreneurship||Auditing and Assurance|
|Banking and Insurance||Indirect Tax Law|
|Financial Markets, Institutions and Financial Services||Fundamentals of Investment|
|Entreprise information system||Strategic Management|
|Performance Management||Tally ERP|
|IDSC-V||Business Research Methods and Project Work|
Few Seats are reserved for Discretionary Quota Seats. Only students with the high academic record are considered for Discretionary Quota Seats. The fees for Discretionary Quota Seats will be double the Academic fees for Indian Students to be paid to the University.