MBA in Marketing
The MBA (Marketing) program includes a thorough study of business management with special focus on its marketing and modern retail. In line with the its aim of skilling India and providing quality education, Symbiosis Indore offers Skill MBA in marketing which has a special focus on high growth sector of Retail and E-Commerce. This program trains students on advanced learning of the important concepts and skills to succeed in today’s highly competitive marketing domain. Special focus on critical areas such as e-commerce applications, retailing, data analytics, network & digital marketing. School of Retail Management prominently focuses on industry-oriented skill-based training. This program trains the students in latest marketing techniques provide great opportunities for growth, learning and innovation. The students are trained to ‘think out of the box’ and adopt ways of thinking for developing future business strategies. Involvement of marketing club students in the various events, industry visits, expert sessions, MoUs with top notch companies works act as a catalyst in process of preparing industry-oriented marketing managers.
It is aimed at acquainting the students with all the aspects of marketing and shall enable the incumbents to evaluate retail industry and e-commerce industry with its minor specialization offerings in rural marketing, business analytics and many other interesting subjects. To ensure that we train the students in the much-required skills and make them industry ready, the curriculum for Skill MBA in Marketing is mapped with relevant job roles proposed by sector skill council. There are specific credits which are allotted for skill-based education system and student earn credits for skill classes. The university also has long association and MoUs with reputed corporates and industries.
This program will train the students with an advanced learning of the major concepts necessary to be successful in today’s competitive marketing domain, with special focus on e commerce applications, retailing, data analytics, network & digital marketing.
- Carefully mapped job roles to the curriculum on the lines of Sector Skills Council (SSC) and National Skill Qualification Framework (NSQF). This program will train the students with advanced learning of the major concepts necessary to be successful in today’s competitive marketing domain, with a special focus on e-commerce applications, retailing, data analytics, network & digital marketing.
- Learning by doing, students develop skills through industry projects & cross-industry management skills
- Making students industry ready through a strong industry-academia interface
- Continuous external industry assessments for skill component
- Incubation cell to develop entrepreneurship skills
- Mock bank for replicating the environment of a typical bank Branch
- Unique Retail lab for skill development
- Finance Lab for replicating consumer interaction & education environment and for honing soft skills.
- School of Interdisciplinary Sciences for holistic development.
- Internships and Placements as per job profile under Sectors Skill Council of India
Training in the above field equips students with the required skills for the Marketing industry. Apart from the above-mentioned activities, students also undergo industrial internships of 8 months (approx.). All this learning makes students industry ready and also helps them in establishing their entrepreneurial ventures.
- Fully Residential Skill MBA (First time in India by SUAS)
- Based on German Skill University MBA
- 70% learning through Skill & Practical activities
- Full Semester Internship in the second year along with a regular Summer Internship
- Faculty resources with rich industry experience
- MoUs with organizations from various domains for continuous industry inputs
- Preparing industry-ready students using Skill-based teaching and learning by doing through industry projects
- A unique selection process involving Skill-based evaluation through SKILL-CAT
- Weekly industry expert webinars and seminars
- Residential program to match the rigor of industry & academia
- Immersive learning through post-class activities
- Industry expert sessions throughout the week
- Flexi-time sessions & engagement beyond the classroom through Student-Club activities
- Industrial visits for understanding current industrial trends
- Robust industry exposure through industry projects
- 8 months (approx.) of full-time industrial training through internships.
- Continuous support of training and placement cell for Internships, industry projects, job training, and Placement.
After completing an MBA in marketing, students have numerous career options available to them according to their field of interest. The program is well-designed with the objective to impart comprehensive knowledge, analytical & management skills along with real-time skill training for students. The team of experts has carefully mapped job roles to the curriculum on the lines of Sector Skills Council (SSC) and National Skill Qualification Framework (NSQF). Some of the job roles offered to our students after successful completion of training are Retail Team Leader, Visual Merchandiser, Business Enhancer, and Multichannel Retailer. Marketing management professionals are offered jobs in advertising agencies, marketing companies, retail organizations, FMCG & service sector organizations like Accenture, Amazon, Panasonic, Dabur, Asian Paints, ICICI, Federal Bank, AON, S&P Global, Jio, SG Analytics, Maruti Suzuki, HUL, Volvo Eicher, Citigroup, Deloitte, Facebook, TCS, HDFC Bank, ITC group, India Infoline, Hyundai, Airtel, McKinsey, Microsoft, etc. An MBA (Marketing) graduate gets trained in developing research orientation, super management skills, problem-solving attitude, business acumen, and goal-oriented behavior to work under pressure and perform in stiff competitive scenarios.
|Semester – I||Semester – II|
|Fundamentals of Management||Operations & Supply Chain Management|
|HRM and Organizational Behavior||Basics of Retail Management|
|Marketing Management||Fundamentals of E-Commerce & Mobile Commerce|
|Managerial Economics||Financial Management|
|Accounting for Managers||Sales and Distribution Management|
|Business Research Methods||Strategic Marketing Management|
|Communication Skills and Conversational Skills||Personal Awareness and Development Skills|
|Semester – III||Semester – IV|
|Marketing (Major Specialization)||Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) (Workshop Based) (Fundamental Subject)|
|Product and Brand Management||Entrepreneurship and Business Ethics (MOOC with INT) (Fundamental Subject)|
|Marketing Analytics||Internship (24 weeks) Approx. 6 months|
|Direct, Digital and Network Marketing|
|Retail ( Minor Specialization)|
|Retail Merchandising and Category Management|
|E-commerce (Minor Specialization)|
|Internet and Web Designing|
|E-Commerce Application and Securities|
|Data Mining and Data Warehousing|
|Supply Chain (Minor Specialization)|
|Integrated Logistics Management|
|Warehousing Management & Production Management|
|Supply Chain Modelling|
|Business Analytics (Minor Specialization)|
|Business Intelligence and Forecasting|
|Artificial Intelligence & Augmented Reality|
|Data Mining and Data Warehousing|
Click Here to View Fees For the Academic Year 2023-24 Indian Student.
Few Seats are reserved for Discretionary Quota Seats. Only students with a high academic record are considered for Discretionary Quota Seats. The fees for Discretionary Quota Seats will be double the Academic fees for Indian Students to be paid to the University.