Innovations Driving the Future of Robotics (Unlocking the Power of Mechatronics)
Date: 1st July 2023
Time: 3:30 pm to 4:30 pm
Details of Participants:
- Total registered participants: 120+
- Actively participating participants: 60
- Participants’ background: UG/Diploma and School Students
Name: Dr. SSPM Sharma B
Expertise: Mechatronics, Robotics, Sensors and Transducers Laboratory
- Introduction and Clarification about Robotics
- Speaker had provided an overview of robotics as a field of specialization within engineering.
- Clarified the various engineering disciplines involved in robotics.
- Definition of Robotics
- The speaker defined robotics as the branch of technology that deals with the design, construction, operation, and application of robots.
- Emphasized the interdisciplinary nature of robotics, combining elements of mechanical engineering, electrical engineering, and computer science.
- History of Robotics
- Speaker presented a brief history of robotics, highlighting key milestones and technological advancements that have shaped the field.
- Discussed the early beginnings of robotics and its evolution over time.
- Operating Conditions of Robots
- The speaker discussed the various operating conditions that robots can encounter, including extreme temperatures, hazardous environments, and underwater or space exploration.
- Highlighted the need for robust and specialized robots to perform tasks in challenging conditions.
- Types of Robots
- Explained different types of robots, including four-legged robots, humanoid robots, exoskeleton robots, bio-inspired robots, insect robots, HomoSep robots, spherical robots, and others.
- Provided examples and use cases for each type of robot to showcase their diverse applications.
- Applications of Robots
- The webinar covered a range of applications for robots, such as industrial automation, healthcare, agriculture, space exploration, and more.
- Specific examples included robots used in manufacturing, surgical procedures, farming, and exploration missions.
- Robocon Activity and Student-designed Robots
- Highlighted the Robocon Activity, an initiative involving students in designing and building robots for competitions.
- Showcased various robots designed by students, demonstrating their creativity and problem-solving abilities.
- Current Affairs related to Robotics
- The webinar concluded with a discussion on recent developments and trends in robotics, focusing on advancements in artificial intelligence, machine learning, and automation.
- Participants were encouraged to stay updated with the latest news and breakthroughs in the field.
Overall, the webinar “Innovations Driving the Future of Robotics (Unlocking the Power of Mechatronics)” provided participants with valuable insights into the world of robotics. Dr. SSPM Sharma B, an expert in Mechatronics, Robotics, and Sensors, delivered an engaging session that covered various topics, including the definition of robotics, its history, different types of robots, applications, and current affairs. The event successfully attracted over 120 registrations, with 60+ UG/Diploma and School Students actively participating and benefiting from the interactive session.